Cloud-Served AT Software Library Beta
In order to use these cloud-served assistive technology applications, you will need to download files from the Internet. If you do not have download privileges from the PC you are using, this resource will not work for you.
Using this cloud-served AT software delivery model eliminates the need to install applications on the PC you are using… which is often not possible due to firewall restrictions.
- Click the link of the application you wish to use;
- Save the file;
- Open/Run the file;
- When you are done using the application, exit the application.
Assistive Technology Applications:
- Balabolka: a Text-To-Speech (TTS) program. On-screen text can be saved as WAV, MP3, OGG or WMA files. The program can read clipboard content and load text from DOC, RTF, PDF, ODT, FB2 and HTML files. You can customize font and background colors. Balabolka allows users to alter a voice’s rate and pitch.
- Clever Keys: provides instant access to definitions at Dictionary.com, synonyms at Thesaurus.com, facts at Reference.com and more — from almost all Windows or Mac OS programs, including word processors, Web browsers and most e-mail programs. With CleverKeys, the answers are just a click away.
- CLiCk, Speak: designed for sighted users who want web-based text-to-speech functionality. It has a simplified, mouse-driven, interface that is designed to be easy for users familiar with point-and-click graphical user interfaces.
- DesktopZoom: a magnification program with lots of options including zoom areas around a mouse; zoom a fixed window; zoom the entire desktop; use the mouse wheel or arrow keys to adjust the magnification; follow the caret & menu items; change the colors to grey or inverse the colors, and much more.
- DSpeech: a Text To Speech program with Automatic Speech Recognition functionality. It is able to read written text aloud. It can also highlight text as it is being read, and much more.
- Join Me: application that enables participants to share computer screens, have up to 250 simultaneous viewers, share control, text chat, and send files. Viewers can be a PC, iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Lightening Express: completely free full screen magnifier for PC’s running Windows XP and Vista. It is designed to offer an easily-accessible option for anyone needing screen magnification.
- NVDA: a screenreader for the Microsoft Windows operating system. Providing feedback via synthetic speech and Braille, it enables blind or vision impaired people to access computers running Windows for no more cost than a sighted person.
- Quick Input: Quick Input software is used to speed up the typing of frequently repeated words and word combinations in all applications. Using predictive technology Quick Input memorizes data and on each successive input. When letters of a word are entered, a drop-down hint list of words is made available.
- Sonar: provides an expanded ring around the mouse pointer for users who have difficulty locating the pointer. It also features the option to vary the color of the Sonar ring.
- Speech Dictation (Multilingual): speech recognition engine for Chinese, Dutch, English, Français, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- T-Bar: a software-based color overlay for computer displays. Color overlays are a non-invasive technology that filters out glare, enhances contrast and improves the brain’s ability to process visual information. It is the only method scientifically proven to, sometimes, successfully correct the processing problems associated with help people with autism and other reading problems.
- TheSage: dictionary that comprises multiple detailed definitions, examples of usage, phonetic transcriptions, encyclopedic information and academic knowledge. The thesaurus encompasses synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms, hyponyms, meronyms, holonyms. It also includes 1,400,000 relationships between definitions.
- Vu Bar: unique piece of software, provides an on-screen, slotted ruler. Useful with dyslexia, when the user skips lines or drops from one line to the next. This version allows the user to select the bar width, 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of screen width and set the slot height to the required font size.
- Word Flash Reader: a Rapid Serial Visual Presentation (RSVP) program that makes on-screen reading easy. WordFlashReader works by flashing each word of the text sequentially on the screen (pausing for punctuation). This way of reading off of a computer screen less straining on the eyes. After a little practice you may discover that you can read at multiple times the speed you normally do.